Saturday, August 18, 2007

Our Big Girl!


Katelyn went for her 4 month check up on Thursday. She was 16 1/2 lbs and 26 1/2 in. She is growing like a weed! She is off the charts on height and weight. Her head is on the chart, but barely! Doc also said she should be getting some teeth soon. It's a good thing because she has been eyeing our pork chops! He said she is ready for food, but I am not sure yet.
I went back to school a couple of weeks ago. (That's why I am slacking with posts.) Katelyn was supposed to go to daycare, but my sister and I were able to work it out where she could come to my house and keep Katelyn. It worked out for both of us and I am so happy! It has made going back to work so much easier! She is so happy when I get home (she probably would have been happy at daycare as well, but keeping her in her home right now is so great!). She eats in the morning and I can put her back in bed. I don't have to get her out during her morning nap. It is just a blessing all around!
She has been fussing tonight - maybe from her shots on Thursday, maybe not - and I went up to comfort her. I am still not good at letting her cry it out. Maybe I never will be, who knows, but I was so grateful for this moment. The minute I picked her up, she laid her head on my shoulder and seconds later she was asleep. I sat and rocked her for a few minutes. I thought about how safe I am to her and comforting. To her Brent and I are everything. We provide her with everything. Whatever was wrong this evening, just being in my arms fixed it. It was an awesome feeling. It kind of scared me too, because I also realized that I have to power to screw this kid up royally!! Pray for me-no pray for her!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Landrum Family said...

These pictures are so sweet! Hal was the same way, OFF THE CHARTS! I thought maybe he had that giant gene for a while, but he finally started leveling off. I hope work is going well. I'm feeling overwhelmed myself.

Speaking from the Heart said...

Don't feel guilty picking up Katelyn whenever she cries. She will be at this age for a short while. When Mark and Katherine were babies, I was never able to let them cry it out either. At the sound of their voices, I was in the nursery picking them up.

Mandy said...

She doesn't even look like a baby anymore! It's like her little face is thinning out; looking like a little girl!!! Man, she is beautiful!!! so happy- Give her hugs from Aunt Mandy

Mandy said...

And like I say, trust your instinct. It's all you've got, and obviously your istinct was right tonight... she just needed to know you were near! That is the best feeling in the world...