Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Katelyn


Katelyn was born on April 23, 2007. She weighed 10 lbs 1 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. She has been a great baby. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I have heard stories and from what I've heard, we are LUCKY!
She has been sleeping through the night since June 1st. I know - it's not very long, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will last. This began when I moved her to a 3 hour schedule. She had been eating every two hours and began trying to eat every hour at night. My sister-in-law suggested I move her to a 3 hour schedule. I did and it's been great! Not only has she been sleeping through the night, the difference between two hours and three hours is amazing! I get so much done!
She has a fussy time that begins around 6 or so in the evening and lasts until her next feeding at about 8:30 pm. Once I feed her at 8:30, she is awake for a while and we have to walk her to get her to sleep, then put her in the swing for about 30 minutes, then Brent transfers her to her crib. During the day she is just as happy as can be. She only fusses when she has a problem. We have a routine going and it's pretty regular for the most part. So, between 6 and 8:30, I think about how good I have it and how bad it could be.
Everyone asks how much she weighs now, but we haven't been back to the doctor yet. She lost down to 9lbs 12oz the first week. When we went to the doctor for her two week appt. and she weighed 11lbs 1oz. She was otherwise perfectly healthy.

No comments: