Thursday, January 17, 2008

Family Update


Katelyn is eating the little star shaped puffs now. She was so funny when she first tried them. She made so many funny faces. I captured a few. At first she would chew one a little with her front teeth, the I would see it come flying out of her mouth. We had to work a while on keeping it in her mouth. She finally got it today. She chewed and swallowed a couple. I am so proud of my big girl!!! She is learning so much. I have to brag for a second...
Things Katelyn can do:

She can drink from a straw.
She can point to my mouth on command.
She can walk down the length of the couch.
She can take things and hand me things.
She can make her fingers do "Itsy Bitsy Spider" when I move her wrists.
I have no idea if this is more or less than any other child her age, but I am overwhelmed with pride at her accomplishments! It amazes me the things she can learn and remember. She took a bath with her cousin, Lonna Grace, in the big tub tonight. They had so much fun! We got some pictures. They are pretty cute!!
We are all getting over the sick funk. Katelyn had ear infections in both ears. Brent and I had the creeping crud. I am still coughing like crazy. I also had pink eye. Brent had some ear funk yesterday, but seems to be okay today. It has been a mess for the past week. I sterilized the house Tuesday-I was out with pink eye. When I went back Wednesday, I could not talk. That's a bit of a problem when you are a teacher. But I just got one of my students to "translate" and it worked out. They were pretty cooperative. Katelyn spent the night at Catey's house Tuesday night. I just wanted her to be away from the germ infestation that seemed to be taking over my house. So Catey picked her up Tuesday morning and kept her until Wednesday. That was so hard!! I was actually having daydreams about her in class on Wednesday! She was much less moved by our reunion than I was. I got the usual leg kicks and arm waves that I get every day when I come home. I was hoping for a few squeals or something, but oh well. I'll take what I can get.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mandy said...

She is so.stinking.cute! I miss her to pieces and can't wait to squeeze her again. Give her lots of love from her Aunt Mandy!

Jenn said...

She is too cute! Don't you love all the little faces she makes when discovering something new. By the way, do you think she could look any more like her Daddy.