Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not the Biggest Loser!

I recently participated in a home grown version of The Biggest Loser (I want to give props to my husband, because without his computer skills and education [thanks Joe and Debbie and Auburn] this would not have been as easy or as fun. It really makes things like the house hunting event so worth it! ;) Love you, baby!) So anyway, I did this competition for ten weeks and lost 10 pounds. I was feeling good at the final weigh in. THEN I entered my weight and saw that I lost by .04%! Not 4% or .4%; .04%!!!! I mean, I'm not a sore loser or anything, but COME ON! A fraction of a percent?!? I would rather have been in the NEGATIVE PERCENTAGES than lose by that small of a margin! But really, I am NOT one of those sore losers that blames everyone else for my failures. It's just that this time, I really think that I would have one if it hadn't of been for Ruth. You know who I mean...Baby Ruth. I think she conspired with the chick from Atlanta who won. Because really, it's the last day before the final weigh in and I have a Baby Ruth staring me in the face. Coincidence? I think not! I asked the vending machine guy too, and he said they do get a lot of their shipments from Atlanta. Hmm. Interesting....
But anyway, I mean whatever, I lost okay. BIG DEEEALLL.
So anyway, today I had one of my students fail a test, and I asked him if he studied and he just started blaming his mom for working late and his sister for being too loud and his dogs for pooping in the house and the cat for having fur. And I was like, Hey, you can't blame everyone else for your mistakes! Man, I can't stand it when people just start blaming everyone else for their failures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a NUT!!!!!!! I am proud of your diligence with your weight loss! Keep it up and throw away the fat pants...

Jenn said...

That doesn't even count. I am sure you look great! Hope you can make the next GNO.

Deana said...

I wish I'd of compteted with you...I need 10 pounds off! You did fantastic. I am sorry you lost but you did great.

I love the laundry photos btw...she is an adorable little girl. I need to put you guys up on my blogroll!