Monday, January 21, 2008

My Big Girl


My big girl just plays and plays! I love to watch her when she's not aware. She is so curious and interested in everything around her. She loves the dogs! She crawls over to the door and beats on it and calls them, "DA, DA!" They come over and look at her then usually get bored with her-which really fires her up! "DAAA!" she yells. And beats even harder. She frustrates easily, which she gets from her dad. Mommy is, of course, the picture of patience. Speaking of mommy- I lost another pound! I am getting excited because I can see the old me peeking through the fat suit. I still have a way to go though, so pictures will have to wait. Maybe another five pounds and I'll be ready to model-not quite yet though!
Back to the star of my life... who now tells me when she is ready to go night night. She says "na na," which, depending on who you are talking to, means either night night or Nana. She is going back to the doctor today for a recheck on her ears. I really am afraid that the antibiotic did not work and she still has infections. This is her third ear infection. The last two were double ear infections and were BAD. She doesn't complain though. She is a trooper. The only clue we had this last time was that she was throwing up during the day and coughing at night. Never fussed about it-except at nap time. Well, now I am a little afraid that she will have to have tubes. I don't know how that decision is made, so maybe-hopefully-I am overreacting. We'll see.
Also-any doctor recommendations? We live on Vallydale Road closer to the 280 side. I may be changing. I don't know. I love my doctor, just not thrilled with the practice that he is with. And he is in Hoover, so I don't feel the need to drive farther if I am not completely thrilled.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard it with my own ears. It is a very clear "Nanna". haha

Jenn said...

If you are thinking about switching try Dr. Waldo or any of the Dr.'s at Greenvale Pediatrics,Brook Highland. A few of my friends use that practice and love it.

The Spencer Family said...

Thanks for the comment! I remember you from High School, I graduated with your brother. Your Katelyn is so precious & I love the way her name is spelled=) I look forward to keeping up with your family & seeing what Katelyn is doing.