Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holiday Fun


Katelyn had such a great Christmas! She went to Atlanta and saw her Bibi, Pop, Aunt Mandy, Uncle Jacob, and cousins Issa and Mae. She loved the time she spent with them. Then she came back to B'ham and visited her Grammy and Grampa. Then she came home and her Nana and Granddaddy came over with the rest of mommy's family. She got to play and open presents - she probably even ate a little wrapping paper- and visit with all of her family.
For the New Year, she celebrated with a bottle of formula and went to bed 30 minutes early. She couldn't hang with the big kids. Of course her mommy and daddy were asleep by 10:30, so I guess she gets it honest! No worries though; all thirteen of the neighbors in the house across the street were outside at 11:30 shooting industrial strength fireworks. So Brent and I were up to ring in the new year. Fortunately Katelyn slept through the explosions and, mercifully, slept until 8:15 the next day.
In my two weeks off, I have accomplished exactly nothing on my "To Do Over Christmas Break" list. But I did get to spend a lot of quality time with my daughter and my husband, so I call it a success!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Rachel, Katelyn is so beautiful! You can really tell she is a happy little daredevil though, I see what you mean! No surprise to me though knowing who Daddy is. This is so wonderful to be able to keep up with all of my nieces and nephews through the blogs. I have been in tears looking at Jean' blog with pictures of Ronnie with the kids. What a sweet wonderful gift to leave your children one day. Love, Lynn

Jenn said...

Looks like she enjoyed Christmas. I love the pic of her sleeping in her crib. The positions they can fall asleep in. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, you're forgiven!!! Those were so adorable and worth waiting for!! While I'm thinking about it, I'm wanting to go to Sips and Strokes on 280 sometime after I Pass my PHR Exam (1/19....Please Pray, Pray, Pray). If you're interested, let me know. Happy New Year!!!

Love,
Dana

Speaking from the Heart said...

Happy New Year!!! Spending two weeks of quality time with hubby and daughter is a big accomplishment. Don't worry about your "to do" list. It will be there tomorrow, but time with your family is priceless.

Love,
Jean