Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What's up

Katelyn went to the doctor on Saturday. She had yet another set of ear infections in both ears. We have an appointment with an ENT on the 14th. It looks like we are headed for tubes. Yuck! Though I have heard that they are great once they're in. I just have to get through the putting her to sleep part. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Why? Why do I get so emotional over everything? We are about to read Daniel's Story in school. It's a story about the Holocaust. I got a little teary-eyed last year, but I am really afraid I am going to lose it this year! It's like I relate everything to Katelyn. This story is HORRIBLE-which is fitting, but it is so hard to read!
ANYWAY, back to Katelyn. She will probably get tubes and hopefully things will get better.
She has been so clingy lately. Yesterday I was trying to do the dishes and she was not wanting me to be on a different room. So she set up shop between my feet and the dishwasher with her wooden spoons and a lid to a pot. She just sat there and banged happily while I did the dishes. I feel like it is a rite of passage or something-playing with the pots and pans in the floor. Who didn't do that as a kid?
Funny things Katelyn has done lately:
She climbed on top of the clothes basket and just sat there. Funny to me anyway.
She screams at me when I am not getting her food fast enough. Probably won't be funny for long.
She does a naked dance. FUNNY!!!!
She bites my finger when I brush her teeth. Not funny when it's me, funny when it's Brent.
When I pick her up, she kicks her legs.
Okay, I'm getting into the only funny to mommy stuff.
Pretty much everything she does cracks me up!

1 comment:

Speaking from the Heart said...

How funny!!!

Rachel,

What grade do you teach?