Friday, February 8, 2008

Up late...AGAIN

I have been staying up so late this week working on designs. The more I do, the more ideas I get. I begin around 6:30 or 7, after Katelyn goes down, and I am up working until 11:30 or 12. That has been EVERY night this week. I have been a coffee fiend!!! Luckily I had a ton of money onthe Starbucks card from my students and some from Brent. I have stopped EVERY day this week. I got coffee, though, nothing fancy.
Katelyn is SASSY!!!! I have to admit, I am really enjoying it. I know there will come a time when I want to pull my hair out (or hers). But right now, I have to turn away and laugh! She has and AT-TI-TUDE! She wants to roll over when I change her and when I roll her back over, she gives a big AHHHH! She does not give up either. I can pretty much count on fighting with her throughout the ENTIRE diaper changing experience. The funny thing is that I leave the ordeal, frazzled and worn out. She leaves it and crawls away to her next adventure!
Speaking of adventure...I was sitting at my computer and she was in her bathroom playing next to the tub with her duckies. She was sitting there quietly playing and I was glancing at her every few minutes. I glanced up one time and all I saw was her head. She was in the exact same position, except she was in the tub! HOW DID MY 9 MONTH OLD CRAWL INTO THE TUB WITHOUT BANGING HER HEAD???? The side of the tub comes up to her neck! Needless to say, mommy is more careful about supervision (do other mothers do these stupid things?). But, I would have LOVED to see her scale that tub! I keep trying to picture it in my head, but every time it ends up with her falling in!
I must go to bed now! Brent has graciously agreed to wake up with Katelyn tomorrow morning so I can sleep in. No doubt I will wake up when she does and not be able to go back to sleep. But one can hope.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Hi!

I'm here via Deana of FNFF - I see you are a runner-up in her fabulous photo competition. I was wondering where you got your hands on that Minnie Mouse costume? My litte 3 year old daughter just loves Minnie and when I saw this I thought that I do NEED one!! We live in Australia but we're heading to Disneyland in Paris in a couple of months time. Do you think they are sold there???

Congratulations again on Deana's comp.

Melody